Social media marketing is a very important marketing method for both B2B and B2C businesses, and can be used to expand a business and create brand value. Whether you like it or not, most competitors will have already started their online campaigns before you even think of whether you should use this method of marketing for your business or not. While you are contemplating creating a social presence, your competitors are already interacting with their clients and creating loyalty.
When a well planned social media marketing campaign is implemented, clients and businesses experience the following benefits:
- An increase in fan following and enthusiasm for a particular chain of products/services. Social media marketing is a very important tool in maintaining brand loyalty and creates well-informed customers/clients.
- It caters to a huge audience without consuming too many resources to serve the purpose.
- Every blog post, Twitter update, Facebook status update, video, image, etc. increases the chances of conversion. A well-managed social networking platform can generate more customers than outbound methods can.
- Fewer employees are required to manage online marketing strategies, moderate websites, and manage social networking pages.
- Interacting with customers is also much easier with social media marketing. Unlike traditional marketing, social media marketing updates can be sent at any time of the day.
- People who have tried and tested a product or service and found it useful, are likely to share and recommend the brand. This can increase new customers faster than other forms of marketing.
- It can reduce the load that your customer service representative have on their plate. Information related to frequently asked questions or any major event can be sent out to all the registered users at once. Online chat support can also be made available. Social network managers can also help redirect queries to the appropriate department of your business or give you further information about whom to contact. These issues can easily be managed with forums.
- One of the best uses of social media marketing is to get customer responses instantly. A new update or news is likely to encourage people to ask questions and provide suggestions online.
Once you have decided to use social media marketing to grow your business, you should consider the following points to more effectively use this tool.
- Make note of the times when users interact with the platform the most. You should plan to center most of your marketing activities around this time.
- Make sure that the material you post is shareable. For example, if you have a blog post, make sure you include “share”, “like” and “recommend” buttons for Facebook, “Pin it” buttons for Pinterest, “Follow” buttons for Twitter, “Plus One” buttons for Google Plus, etc.
- Always post in a format preferred by users. Catchy headlines, understandable fonts, and posts relevant to target groups, help increase fan following substantially.
With simple techniques such as these, a social media marketing campaign can work for any kind of business.